If you are looking for the best omega-3 supplements, look no further! In this blog post, we will discuss 21 of the best options on the market. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential nutrients that play a vital role in human health. They have improved cardiovascular health, cognitive function, and more.
That’s why you must ensure you get enough of them in your diet. If you can’t get enough omega-3s from food alone, supplementation may be a good option.
Best Omega-3 Supplements Overview
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential nutrients that play a vital role in human health. They have improved cardiovascular health, cognitive function, and more. That’s why ensuring you are getting enough of them is essential.
4.8 / 5
Omega-3 Supplements Pros
Omega-3 Supplements Cons
- Best overall: omega-3 potency+, mindbodygreen
- Best for newbies: O.N.E. Omega, Pure Encapsulations
- Best budget/ the best mini: Burp-Less Mini Omega-3, Nature Made
- Best fish burp-free: Double Strength DHA-500, NOW Foods
- Best vegan: Omega-3 from Algae, Truvani
- Best cod liver oil: Dutch Harbor Omega, Big Bold Health
- Best Alaskan salmon oil: Omega 3, Perricone MD
- Best liquid fish oil: OmegaGenics EPA-DHA 2400, Metagenics
- Best liquid drops: Vegan Omega-3 Liquid Drops, Mary Ruth’s
- Best for heart: Wild Alaskan Fish Oil, Wiley’s Finest
- Best for vision: Natural Vision Enhancers, Doctor’s Best
- Best for immune health: Finest Norwegian Immune Omega, Carlson’s
- Best for joint support: Omega-3 with Turmeric, Vthrive by The Vitamin Shoppe
- Best for hair/skin/nails: Omega Beauty, Douglas Laboratories
- Best with astaxanthin: Oceans 3 Beyond Omega-3, Garden of Life
- Best krill oil: Superior Omega-3, Kori Krill
- Best omega-3-6-7-9 spectrum: OmegAvail Synergy, Designs for Health
- Best prenatal/postnatal omega-3: Omega-3+ For Women, Needed
- Best prenatal multi + omega-3 bundle: Prenatal Daily Duo, RainbowLight
- Best for kids: Ultimate Omega Jr., Nordic Naturals
- Best for pets: Fish Oil + Vitamin E, Fera Pet Organics
What is the difference Between Fish Oil and Omega-3
Fish oil and omega 3 are beneficial for health, but differ in their form and source. Fish oil is an oil produced from a fish’s fats or tissues. This oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients such as vitamin A and D. Omega-3, on the other hand, is a specific type of fatty acid found in the polyunsaturated form. It is also found in plant-based oils, such as flaxseed and canola.
While both omega-3 and fish oil offer health benefits, omega-3 is the more potent form of the two. Fish oil supplements usually contain a lower concentration of omega-3 fatty acids than omega-3 supplements. Therefore, omega-3 is generally considered to be more effective at improving health.
What are Similarities Between Fish Oil and Omega-3
Omega-3 and fish oil are two essential health supplements that offer a range of benefits. Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid in fish, nuts, and seeds. Fish oil is a source of omega-3, and other nutrients such as vitamin A and D. Both omega-3 and fish oil have been shown to improve heart health, mental health, inflammation, pregnancy, and breastfeeding.
Omega-3 works by reducing inflammation and improving blood flow. Fish oil also helps to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Omega-3 and fish oil are effective supplements that offer a variety of health benefits.
Best omega-3 supplements for women
Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of unsaturated fat that is considered to be beneficial for health. Omega-3s are found in oily fish, such as salmon, and particular plant oils, such as flaxseed oil. Omega-3s are also available in supplement form. Omega-3 supplements are not just for women; they can benefit men and women of all ages.
Omega-3 supplements are most commonly used to help with heart health, but they may also be helpful for brain health, joint health, and more. Omega-3 supplements come in capsule and liquid form and can be taken with or without food. When choosing an omega-3 supplement, it is important to look for one high in EPA and DHA, two omega-3 fatty acids that are especially beneficial for health. You should also look for a supplement that has been third-party tested for purity and quality.
Best Omega-3 Supplements For Women
- Full-Mega Fish Oil and Omega-3 Supplement.
- Kori Krill Oil Multi-Benefit Omega-3.
- HUM OMG!
- IWI Omega-3.
- Omega 3 Fish Oil 2250mg.
- Nature Made Fish Oil 1000 mg Softgels.
- MAV Nutrition Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength.
- Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega SoftGels.
Our Favorite Omega-3 Supplements
Pure Encapsulations O.N.E. Omega
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Contains 1,000 mg supercritical CO2 extracted, triglyceride-form EPA and DHA in a convenient, once-daily dose.
- Joint, Skin, & Brain Health: Promotes cardiovascular, joint, skin, eye, and cognitive health.*
- Pure Fish Oil: Each softgel contains fish oil produced through a unique solvent-free, supercritical CO2-based extraction method. This method utilizes a low-temperature, oxygen-free process to help prevent oxidation reactions, resulting in pure, concentrated fish oil.*
- Pure Quality: Our supplements are made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and guided by our nutritional experts. Carefully manufactured and tested to verify their potency and purity.
- Pure Difference: What makes us different isn’t just our process or what goes into our supplements – what we leave out matters, too. Pure Encapsulations products are FREE FROM wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, and unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives.
Nature Made Fish Oil Burp-Less Mini
- OMEGA 3 SUPPLEMENT FOR A HEALTHY HEART: The omega 3s(1) EPA and DHA found in fish oil help support a healthy heart.
- ONE SMALL DAILY BURP-LESS(2) SOFTGEL, 60-DAY SUPPLY: This burp-less(2) mini omega 3(1) supplement packs 540 mg of total heart-healthy omega 3s(1) (500 mg EPA and DHA) all into one softgel. Adults take one softgel daily with water and a meal.
- 60% SMALLER: One Mini Omega-3 softgel is 60% smaller than the total volume of two Nature Made Fish Oil 1000 mg softgels.
- DEEP OCEAN FISH: Deep ocean fish naturally offers an abundance of healthy omega-3s. Nature Made Fish Oils come from wild-caught, deep ocean water fish—not farm-raised fish.
- HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes. Purified to remove mercury and other contaminants.(3) No color added. No artificial flavors. Gluten-free. Dairy-free.
- #1 PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED BRAND: Nature Made Fish Oil supplements are the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Brand in Omega-3 Fish Oil supplements.(4)
- The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
NOW Supplements, DHA-500 with 250 EPA
- MOLECULARLY DISTILLED – ENTERIC COATED: NOW, DHA-500 has twice the DHA (500 mg per softgel) as in our regular strength product (250 mg per softgel). Those who experience nausea or reflux from other fish oils should find this enteric-coated, odor-controlled softgel easier to tolerate.
- SUPPORTS BRAIN HEALTH/CARDIOVASCULAR SUPPORT: From the FDA: Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. This natural fish oil concentrate is manufactured under strict quality control standards.
- CLASSIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Non-GMO, kosher contains gelatin, halal, keto-friendly
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family-owned and operated company since 1968.
- During the summer months, products may arrive warm, but Amazon stores and ships products per manufacturers’ recommendations when provided.
Simris – Vegetarian Plant-Based Algae Omega-3 Supplement
- Simris Algae Omega-3 Is A Full Spectrum* Omega-3 Supplement With ALA, EPA & DHA Developed For A Healthy Lifestyle
- Made From Farmed Algae in Sweden Naturally Containing Omega-3 EPA & DHA
- Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Ocean-Friendly, and Without Environmental Toxins
- A Daily Serving Of Two Softgels Contains 700 mg Omega-3, Including 200 mg DHA and 50 mg EPA From Farmed Algae, As Well As 450 mg ALA From Organic Cold-Pressed Flaxseed Oil
- *The Full Spectrum Of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids (ALA-EPA-DHA) Is Included In This Product
Vegan Omega 3 Gummies & Organic Vitamin D3 Liquid Drops for Kids by MaryRuth’s
- Bundle & Save: Our best-selling kids products are now a bundle! Vegan Omega-3 Gummies for Kids 2+ by MaryRuth’s | 2 Month Supply | Sugar Free | Omega 3 Supplement with Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Flaxseed Oil | Immune Support, Brain Health | No Fish Taste | 60 Count | USDA Organic Vitamin D3 Liquid Drops for Kids, 640 IU Vitamin D3 Per Serving, Kids Immune Support & Bone Health Supplement, Formulated for Ages 4-13, 0.5oz
- Omega Gummies for Kids: Help support your child’s immune function, brain health, and overall health with our Vegan Omega-3 Gummies formulated for kids! Formulated from a vegan source of this essential omega fatty acid. With no fishy taste, these gummies may be perfect for picky eaters!
- Vitamin D3 Liquid: Support Immunity, Bone Strength, Muscle Function & Energy Levels with Our Vegan D3 Spray. D3, or cholecalciferol, is the same kind of vitamin D your body naturally produces here in vegan, easy-to-take spray form!
- Multiple Benefits: Made from alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) derived from flaxseed, one of the richest plant sources of omega-3 fatty acid. May support your child’s immune function, brain, and overall health. Formulated from a vegan source of this essential omega fatty acid. | Our Vitamin D3 Spray is made from Non-GMO, Vegan from Lichen! Vitamin D3 aids the body in absorbing phosphorus & calcium, facilitating immune functions & keeping your bones strong & healthy.
- For most Lifestyles: Both products are Non-GMO, No Gelatin, Pectin Based, Vegan, and Made in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Facility. Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten & Wheat Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Sugar-Free. Bariatric Friendly, Celiac Friendly, Keto Friendly, Kid Friendly.
The Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3 Fish Oil
- The primary nutrients of Omega-3 Fish Oil supplements are the functionally essential Omega-3s EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). EPA and DHA have been shown to promote good heart health, joint function, healthy brain development and normal development. The body cannot effectively make EPA and DHA on its own and most people do not get enough Omega-3 in their regular diets. In general, 500 to 1000mg Omega-3 EPA/DHA per day are recommended.
- The body cannot effectively make EPA and DHA on its own and most people do not get enough Omega-3 in their regular diets. In general, 500 to 1000mg Omega-3 EPA/DHA per day are recommended.
- DIRECTIONS: As a dietary supplement, take one (1) teaspoon daily, preferably with a meal. Refrigerate after opening.
- EPA 735mg / DHA 165mg
- DOES NOT CONTAIN: Artificial Colors or Flavors , Citrus , Dairy , Gluten , Preservatives , Salt , Sugar , Wheat , Yeast
Garden of Life Ultra Pure EPA/DHA Omega 3 Fish Oil
- Oceans 3 is formulated using fish oils carefully purified using multiple-stage molecular distillation process that both concentrates the EPA and DHA and removes environmental toxins.
- The Omega-3 fish oil contained in Oceans 3 Beyond Omega 3 is: An excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids – 1,275mg per daily serving, Super concentrated EPA — 675mg per day, Super concentrated DHA — 450mg per day.
- Contains Astaxanthin, an extremely powerful antioxidant carotenoid from sea algae which as an antioxidant benefits cardiovascular health, immune system health, eye health and even supports healthy skin, bones and joints.
- Contains Fucoxanthin, a dynamic, antioxidant carotenoid from brown seaweed, shown to exert its protective effects directly in fat cells. Gluten free
- PURITY, QUALITY, SUSTAINABILITY: Oceans 3 is verified pure & fresh through Third-Party testing that exceeds strict international standards, and our USA wild caught Alaska Pollock comes from a sustainable fishery that is independently certified by MSC
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, when provided.
Designs for Health OmegAvail
- Fewer Pills, More Omegas – Each Softgel contains an impressive 1,000 mg omega-3 oils per softgel.
- True TG Form – Unlike many omega 3 fish oils, our TruTG Fish Oils are in the Triglyceride form (TG), the same form found in fish. TruTG may support superior bioavailability than the standard EE form.*
- Improved Digestibility – The enzyme Lipase helps ensure optimal digestion and prevent any fishy aftertaste.*
- Filtered & Tested For Purity – Our fish oils are molecularly distilled, filtered for purity and tested for pesticides, solvents, PCBs and other contaminants. Non-GMO and Gluten-Free.*
- Over 50,000 Doctors Agree – Designs for Health is the physician’s choice for top quality professional strength supplements since 1989. Our “Science First” philosophy ensures our products are based on the most recent research and use the highest quality raw ingredients.
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega
- WHY OMEGA-3S – Research shows that the essential fatty acids EPA & DHA in fish oil support heart, brain, eye & immune health. Omega-3s may also help support a healthy mood.
- DOCTOR-RECOMMENDED FORMULA – Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega features high concentration omega-3 fish oil in soft gels. This formula meets the daily recommended dose suggested by the American Heart Association to support a healthy heart.
- BETTER ABSORPTION, BETTER TASTE, NO FISHY BURPS – All of our omega-3 fish oil concentrates are in the triglyceride molecular form (the form naturally found in fish) for optimal absorption. Ultimate Omega has a great lemon taste.
- PURITY GUARANTEED – Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from fresh, wild-caught, omega-rich fish. We are committed to using only non-GMO, gluten- & dairy-free ingredients with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- ETHICAL INNOVATION – Nordic Naturals has always been at the forefront of sustainable & ethical practices in the natural products industry. Through science & innovation, we are committed to delivering safe, effective nutrients for optimal wellness.